Workshop «Embodiment, Fascia and Sensory-ness» with Karin Locher
‘Change is possible, but we need to rediscover our body… When the body is once again experienced as a home, the person can set out on his way.’
– Gerald Huther
Fascia responds to everything that we are doing, to our mind, our emotions to how we react to our environment and the circumstances of our life. It responds and adapts to habit patterns and the compensations that the body operate under every day.
When we recognise that the body’s form and function are from the manifestation of the inner energetic state and how we are choosing to express in the world, we can perceive and recover the body and our health differently, and our self-awareness galvanises.
We can creatively use these tools and applications to instruct our system to adapt a required outcome.
Sustaining these changes becomes the work. This requires the heightening of awareness of the body-mind in action; it requires will and practice, but that is all.
This 3-day workshop will go beyond structure to experience what the development of awareness and practice can bring to our experience and knowing of the body, ourselves and the play out of our lives.
It will be both mind and body changing, fully practical and structured with fascial movement practices and mind-body awareness exercises to increase the capacity for awareness bringing other elements of ourselves into light.
What it will offer:
– An understanding of the Fascia and how we can work with this new body paradigm for change.
– Ways to explore and engage with the unity and the relationship of the body-mind, the breath and consciousness.
– Ways to clear the body’s held tensional patterns that in time become our limitations and symptoms.
– New eyes to see what is failing in the body, understanding why and learning how to make these often stagnated and disassociated areas available again. An available body is the key to our physiological state, which allows the body to be able to do what it does best, keep us well.
– A deepening of enquiry to find deeper answers in our body tissue.
– An exploration of why and when we get sick and why and when we are able to heal.
– A shift in consciousness, the cause-substance, through detailed attention to the imagination.
– The physics of the metaphysics, the science of the esoteric.
– Fascia from a spiritual perspective.
«I will highlight Karin as one of those special teachers we once meet in life that redirect our life and enable us to find the answer by ourselves.»
About Karin Locher
For over 17 years Karin Locher has been building on her quest to understand and explore the phenomena of the ‘vital force’ (and lack of) that determines both our health and performance. With the new insights coming from the recovering research of Fascia and with Thomas Myers’ revolutionary Anatomy Trains she created a pioneering new application for Spatial Medicine: ‘Changing movement, mind and structural-relationships to change the person.’
Karin’s long standing fascination with the vital force, or lack of, is changing people and changing lives – a methodology that influences to re-store and re-set the neuro-myo-fascial system, thus enabling the body to do what it does best, keep us well. The result is Spatial Medicine. A medicine she believes is far more appropriate for the 21st century symptoms and syndromes that we are seeing. Read more…
When: 1 – 3 March 2018, 11:30-18:00
Where: Open Space, Santa Gertrudis
Price: 650€ + IVA
Booking: Can Oliver